Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Conception

Well.... after almost five months of being laid off, the monotony is finally getting to me. It is going to sound corny (and lame), but after seeing the movie Julie and Julia, I suddenly had the inspiration to do something different! Aren't I just so creative? Not really. But, I am excited to embark on the adventure that is The French Laundry Cookbook.

For those of you that are wondering what the heck The French Laundry (forever to be known now as 'FL') is.... a little background. FL is one of the greatest restaurants in the world, and is owned and 'cheffed' by one of the most prolific and talented chefs in the universe, Thomas Keller. Mr. Keller also owns Per Se in NYC, as well as a myriad of other fantastically tasty establishments. I had the pleasure of eating at FL in May of 2008, followed by Per Se in June of 2008.... it was a very good couple of months to say the least. If you haven't experienced the genius that is Thomas Keller's food, you MUST get to one of his restaurants at least once in your life.

So anyway, back to the adventure. I ordered The FL Cookbook yesterday from Amazon.com and am anxiously awaiting its arrival... I have read through some of the recipes but am not sure where I will start yet... but.... I plan to get through each of the recipes before it gets too hot again in my kitchen to cook anything. That gives me approximately 7 months, maybe 8 if the weather (and my wallet) hold up. I'll be posting a blog entry about each of the dishes in the book - I know you (hypothetical 'you' - is anyone really going to read this?) are waiting on pins and needles. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment